[x3d-public] Open Asset Import Library download | SourceForge.net

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 08:14:14 PDT 2015

John,
I'm not a database guru, but I've always wondered:
Q1. how is x3d -or xml, or any branchy tree data- stored in a database?
-- a) an entire scene as a blob?
-- b) each node type in a separate table, with columns representing fields (about 256 node types->256+ tables?)
-- c) few more general tables like nodes, scalar fields, MF fields, parentNode+field/child, parentMFField+index/child
- is there a way to generate a table layout automatically using XSLT for x3d?

Q2. how is the parser/loader generator related to ETL? (I see ETL often, I think it means extract, transform, load)
Thanks,
-Doug