[x3d-public] AllX3dElementsAttributes.xml listing of all X3D elements and attributes

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 28 20:52:25 PST 2015

Hi Don,
good info here, and a fine goal.

> basis for tools that want to know the entire X3D vocabulary quickly.

Looking at 30 - Event Utilities component,

BooleanFilter : X3DChildNode {
  SFBool [in]     set_boolean
  SFNode [in,out] metadata    NULL  [X3DMetadataObject]
  SFBool [out]    inputFalse
  SFBool [out]    inputNegate
  SFBool [out]    inputTrue
}

this list:

<BooleanFilter containerField="children" />

and

BooleanSequencer : X3DSequencerNode {
  SFBool  [in]     next
  SFBool  [in]     previous
  SFFloat [in]     set_fraction
  MFFloat [in,out] key           []   (-∞,∞)
  MFInt32 [in,out] keyValue      []   [0|1]
  SFNode  [in,out] metadata      NULL [X3DMetadataObject]
  SFBool  [out]    value_changed
}

vs

<BooleanSequencer key="" keyValue="" containerField="children" />

Seems like I want my complete vocabulary to include all interfaces of
any node.

I probably understand why possible contained nodes aren't listed,

<Appearance containerField="appearance" />

Appearance : X3DAppearanceNode {
  SFNode [in,out] fillProperties   NULL [FillProperties]
  SFNode [in,out] lineProperties   NULL [LineProperties]
  SFNode [in,out] material         NULL [X3DMaterialNode]
  SFNode [in,out] metadata         NULL [X3DMetadataObject]
  MFNode [in,out] shaders          []   [X3DShaderNode]
  SFNode [in,out] texture          NULL [X3DTextureNode]
  SFNode [in,out] textureTransform NULL [X3DTextureTransformNode]
}

but what about all my gozintas and gozoutas that I might want to know
about?

> the entire X3D vocabulary ,,,

of [in,out]s but not [in]s or [out]s, or contained nodes.

Also, this list makes all elements look empty.

Thanks and Best,
Joe