[x3d-public] X3D and Occuli

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:54:49 PDT 2015

Len,
I've been looking at that myself - oculus rift, htc- and it seems a bit fiddly to configure the code -you render to fbo buffers instead of screen backbuffer, then hand those buffers to the hmd api for a second stage of rendering. And the hmd acts as a 6dof input device. Popup menus should freeze in 3d space and - unlike a mouse -  the center of the viewport is cursor/pickray.  But nothing theoretically impossible and all the x3d content would stay the same.
Doug