[x3d-public] Documentation for x3dom-1.7.0.zip?

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Sat Oct 10 09:41:42 PDT 2015

I just learned, to my surprise, that the current method for embedding
x3d is to use a fairly large javascript-based x3d renderer that runs in
the browser, and that it isn't actually a native thing that browsers do
automagically...

It seems to make sense to use it because it enables declaritive
programming which is far more intuitive for VR...

Okay, I was having trouble with the deployment guide for x3dom...
Specifically there seems to be a heavy and a lite version. Which do I
need to do X and what components need to be deployed with my page to use
it?

http://doc.x3dom.org/gettingStarted/x3domVersions/index.html comes close
but it is not very well organized, it seems to be saying " use lite +
components as needed or use the heavy version because it has everything"
which leaves open the question which files are actually dependencies in
each situation and what capabilities are inherent in the lite version...

--
IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.

Powers are not rights.