[x3d-public] X3D JSON encoding: .x3d to .json stylesheet, examples available for continued work

Cecile Muller newsletter at wildpeaks.fr
Wed Oct 28 23:40:05 PDT 2015

Good morning list,

> On 10/28/2015 12:51 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> I am still concerned about duplicate keys in JSON.

+1, do not duplicate keys because the last value will overwrite all
preceding values.

It's not just jquery, it's the native `JSON.parse` (that jQuery uses) that
has that behavior
(in web browsers and also Node), and it's not just javascript either, PHP
`json_decode` also acts that way,
so please use an Array when you need multiple values in a property.

Because data loss is exactly why I was warning against duplicated keys last
year as well:
https://github.com/wildpeaks/json-scenegraph/issues/2

See you,
Cecile