[x3d-public] Validation suggestion on animation events

Anthony Judge anthony.judge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 00:22:41 PDT 2015

Many thanks for the assistance and suggestions on this matter.

I have solved my problem, but first a clarification on the files
previously attached. Unfortunately I had used a text editor to make
some quick adjustments to the previously validated files sent, but
without revalidating them. Hence some of the errors. However, even
after correction my issue with frozen or absent moving lines remained
-- even with the variants that worked partially. My trial with
Leonard's suggestions may have completely frozen for that reason, but
I suspect (as I indicated) that there were other errors in my use of
the timers as he indicated.

My working solution was simply to duplicate all shapes moving
simultaneously in different directions. This meant I duplicated the 12
cylinders constituting the cube  -- modifying there DEFs (with an
appended "g", and changing the relevant ROUTE toNode. I used a single
Timesensor.

The result is that the lines can move simultaneously in different
directions. This might give a smoother result than the staggered
timing suggested by Leonard.

I attach the file since the final animation is quite interesting and
the duplication ("ghosting") of the lines is not apparent. The
technique could of course be used to have a static line remain in its
cube position by having 3 copies instead of 2 and not translating one
of them

However, that said, the result is not in itself interesting with
respect to my original concern with possible clever use of the
Timesensor, stopTime, startTime, ROUTE combinations. This remains
beyond my grasp and a working example, perhaps adapted from the
attached case, would be of interest to other novices

Thanks again

Tony

--
Anthony Judge