[x3d-public] System overload issues?

Anthony Judge anthony.judge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:19:46 PDT 2015

Many thanks for the guidance Don. Thanks for the images. I am glad
that all works and I can now add other features to that project.
However I am still tantalized by the use of multiple timers as Leonard
suggested. My own solution is somewhat primitive although easy to
understand and experiment with user options

My issue with xj3d is not like/dislike. It is the fact with my new
600k project the editing periodically freezes for an unpredictable
time whilst processing minor edits -- constraints of my 4 gig RAM etc.
The fact that it may be trying to update xj3d is unnecessary for what
I am doing, especially if it is only after a series of edits that I
may wish to review where I am. So disabling it is one may of cutting
the background processing -- I am assuming.

I may be pushing the reasonable boundaries by using  a laptop

If I cannot, then I will indeed try the navigator panel. Thanks for the tip

Failing that my other option is to reduce the coordinate precision
which results from an imported third party file. So far I have not
thought of a simple way of reducing the number of digits after the
point. In what I am doing, switching to USE creates identification
issues for me in a complex data set.

Tony

--
Anthony Judge