[x3d-public] System overload issues?

Anthony Judge anthony.judge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:07:19 PDT 2015

Don, I do appreciate that my cube animation works on multiple players.

My point is that it is 40k and poses no editing problems. The project
on which I am working in parallel is about 600k. It also manipulates
reasonably well with H3DViewer and Cortona -- and XJ3d, when I use it.

My problem is editing the larger project, even in my experiments with
the Navigation panel as you suggest. Typically I can make a few minor
edits and then CPU usage goes through the roof and I have to set it
aside for 5 minutes.I note that it is the Java Platform SE binary
which consumes up to 50% CPU -- before going through the roof. I had
assumed that this had something to do with Xj3D

So the question is what are the reasonable constraints on project
size? I do appreciate your comment about fine tuning.laptops and have
little desire to mess with that.

Tony

--
Anthony Judge