[x3d-public] Export from X3D Edit to VRML -- file selection issue

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 24 10:41:16 PDT 2015

Tony,

Thanks for your response, and the WRL file. I proceeded as follows.

I loaded your WRL file into my own viewer directly. There were no error messages. The animation looked great!

I then went into X3D-Edit and imported your file. X3D-Edit reported as follows:

		[DefParserOutput.error] [Node] [Error] invalid field name ROUTE at line 727
		ignoring remaining fields of node Transform
		[DefParserOutput.error] node == null, ignored

I looked at the scene using the built-in viewer, and there was just the static cube, no animation.

I then opened the X3D file in my own viewer. Again, just the static cube.

I then looked at the text for both the X3D and the WRL. In the former case there were no ROUTEs. Hence the static cube. I noted that the line number given by the error message was 727. Your file only had 686 lines, with the first ROUTE at line 627.

This seems to indicate that there are some serious issues with the X3D-Editor code, or my installation.

The only other thing I can say is that I don't have an X3D-Edit installation per se. I have checked out the code base from the SourceForge repository. I load the code directly into NetBeans, and then 'Build' and 'Run' the project which automatically launches X3D-Edit within NetBeans. Furthermore, I have no familiarity with the code.

Are you able to import the WRL file correctly?

Roy