[x3d-public] Export from X3D Edit to VRML -- file selection issue

Anthony Judge anthony.judge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:44:40 PDT 2015

Roy

Thanks for your suggestion.

When I had opened the X3D file originally copied to you, I noted that
it was blocked in some way. Editing was possible and the flag on the
file at the menu bar merely gave the file name.

Following the Windows/IDE Tools/Palette path the icon otherwise
evident in relation to "New X3D scene draft" was present on the file
tag. Then the Palette opened. My previous search for Palette only got
me to Tools/Palette. In the present mode, the Palette indeed opens and
closes. Thanks.

My recommendation would be that the menu references to Palette be
consolidated -- and related to items in the Help menu. Why not an icon
indicative of Palette accessibility -- perhaps turning the "New X3D
scene draft" icon into a drop down?

However it is not clear whether my system locks itself under certain
conditions into a particular mode -- enabled by my relative ignorance.

It was this context that discouraged me from going further with your
viewpoint suggestions. I will now do so. Thanks indeed.

Tony

On 24/09/2015, Roy Walmsley <roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Tony,
>
> Did you try the 'orientation' data from the picture  I sent you previously.
> It would be easy for me to repeat the process for all eight viewpoints and
> generate the orientation data for you. In the meantime we need to understand
> why you can't do this yourself.
>
> I take it that you can't simply open the Palette from the menu - Window /
> IDE Tools / Palette. Can you access that menu, and if so, what happens when
> you select Palette?
>
> Roy

>>> correctly. So, as I said, somehow the system gets locked into a mode

--
Anthony Judge
<anthony.judge at gmail.com>