[x3d-public] *** COBWEB RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Holger Seelig holger.seelig at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 4 09:52:47 PDT 2016

Cobweb X3D Browser, Version 1.23

We finally released Cobweb version 1.23, now.  This is the first
official release for Opera Browser, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
We did not celebrate this remarkable event yet, but beer was already
purchased and would be used this week for sure.

I should say that Cobweb 1.23 took a lot of effort and we are proud to
announce that the final result exceeded our expectations. The journey
had just begun!

We’ve gathered as much feedback about Cobweb 1.22 as possible from our
users and eliminated many mistakes and crude points in the new release.
  Cobweb is now ready for Opera and Chrome.  We are not inventing new
functions.  Instead, the stable code base of Cobweb makes it possible to
run in different browsers.

Additionally we added three new examples to our website
http://titania.create3000.de/cobweb/.  First, »Milkyway and Beyond« an
example how to visualise huge scientific data of our universe.  Second,
»FourmiEarth« processed data from the well known Fourmilab website, to
display a pleasant view of our home planet.  Third, »Currencies«
processes data of the currencies data of the European Central Bank, to
show a nice animated graph of it. To do this we draw thick 3D lines
using an Extrusion node.

Visit Cobweb website now:
http://titania.create3000.de/cobweb/

Thank to all who helped us.

--
Holger Seelig
Mediengestalter Digital – Digital Media Designer

Scheffelstraße 31a
04277 Leipzig
Germany

Cellular: +49 1577 147 26 11