[x3d-public] H-Anim examples need work to bring up to QA standards.

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Apr 7 10:01:24 PDT 2016

cc: H-anim working group

On 4/3/2016 10:45 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> These H-Anim examples in the X3D Resources Examples found here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/HumanoidAnimation/
>
> Need to be brought up to snuff with QA and XML Schematron,  I believe.  Volunteers who know H-Anim?  We may want to maintain existing versions if that is possible and still go through schematron.
>
> Whoever’s controlling these models should actually decide if the work should be done (they may be purposefully bad examples).  I’ve run through schematron, but I’m not knowledgeable enough about H-Anim to do the job yet (and I don’t have write access to the repository yet).
>
> IDK if we need a different stylesheet to translate these examples to JSON.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
> AllenDutton.x3d
> AllenDuttonBlurryMotion.x3d
> BoxMan.x3d
> DiamondManLOA-0.x3d
> DiamondManLOA-1.x3d
> DiamondManLOA-2.x3d
> HAnimSpecificationLOA3Illustrated.x3d
> HAnimSpecificationLOA3Invisible.x3d
> HAnimSpecificationLOA3Motion.x3d
> NancyNativeTags.x3d

Most should be OK - AllenDuttonBlurryMotion.x3d is intentionally incorrect, it was retained because the "bug" had an interesting side effect.

Good discussion today with you and Roy, identifying errors in examples (Viewpoint under HAnimHumanoid must actually be wrapped within HAnimSite). Will fix and also add better tests.

I will have to talk a deeper look at each of these scenes. Thank you for reporting them.