[x3d-public] IndexedTriangleSet defaults

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 11 07:21:38 PDT 2016

Hi Andreas,

Initially I was surprised by your comment below. As you say, the default value of the texCoord field is NULL for the IndexedTriangleSet node. But when I looked at the IndexedFaceSet node, I found that it too has a default value of NULL for the texCoord field (see http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/geometry3D.html#IndexedFaceSet). So both are in agreement there.

However, I assume you are referring to the text in the penultimate paragraph for the IndexedFaceSet, which commences “If the texCoord field is NULL, ….”. Here an implementation behaviour is detailed for when the default value is NULL. In comparison, the IndexedTriangleSet node has no such behaviour defined.

I don’t know why the two instances are different. It is an interesting observation., which is also worthy of a specification comment.

Regards,

Roy