[x3d-public] x3d export out of clara.io

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 13:11:13 PDT 2016

Clara.io is a very impressive and complete 3d modeling tool in a browser.
It has a comprehensive free tier, looks professional and has all the
functionality one would expect from commercial tools.

While trying it out, I discovered that it actually exports to .x3d although
it is not (yet) listed here:

https://clara.io/learn/user-guide/data_exchange/file_export

While it essentially converts everything to IFS, it works pretty well and
Octaga can load the x3d without complaining.

There are also a lot of free models, which all could be converted to x3d.

I see if I can get a nice car model into x3dom or cobweb.

Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.