[x3d-public] Proper IFS creaseAngle default

Mitchell Williams m1.williams at partner.samsung.com
Wed Aug 3 09:37:58 PDT 2016

The current default creaseAngle in IndexedFaceSet is 0.  The problem is that 3DS Max does not include creaseAngle when it exports VRML or X3D.  As a result a sphere mesh would look faceted and would any other 3d mesh.

I am considering our own default value for creaseAngle to be .5 radians.  Users can still override our default value.
Does anyone have a better number or justification for setting creaseAngle?

Mitch

Mitch Williams

310-809-4836 (outside line)