[x3d-public] Proper IFS creaseAngle default

Cécile Muller contact at wildpeaks.fr
Wed Aug 3 12:37:59 PDT 2016

Hi list,

Perhaps the safest way to preserve the smoothing from 3dsmax is to export
normals instead, because max can have multiple smoothing groups in a single
object, so it would have to split into several IndexedFaceSets in order to
use a different creaseAngle per group (although it could be optimized to
use creaseAngle instead of normals when it sees the whole mesh is a single
smoothing group).

Although if you want an option to set a creaseAngle globally, that's one of
the features of the BS Exporter (if you have a version of max compatible
with it). When I used to use it, I'd pick 3.1415 as value because it works
well as "just make it smooth" value.

See you,
Cecile