[x3d-public] Q. should TriangleStripSet smooth? was Towards an ACID-like test for X3D

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:21:37 PDT 2016

TriangleStripSet has no creaseAngle field.
Should browsers smooth the normals, or not smooth, or something in-between ie with an intermediate creaseAngle default?
TriangleStripSet: triangles share vertexes along the strip.
TriangleSet: each triangle has separate vertices/no shared vertices, so no smoothing by any browser
> You can see the scene at http://www.jishop.com/temp/x3d/#Castle (click Download to get the X3D file).
See the middle triangles at the top of Castle which are TriangleStripSet (end ones are TriangleSet)
octaga - smooths
vivaty - smooths
instantReality - smooths
freewrl - smooths