[x3d-public] XML3D/X3DOM integration query.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:34:12 PDT 2016

I believe the information came from Philip, but I'd have to go through the
archives to make sure.  I will do some searches.

On Aug 15, 2016 12:27 AM, "Leonard Daly" <Leonard.Daly at realism.com> wrote:

Sorry for the late replies...

Okay. I have heard that X3DOM is going to be integrated with XML3D, and
probably glTF and SRC, so it’s a very good place to be.

John, I had not heard this (XML3D integration). Perhaps I am reading more
into your statement than you intended. I did hear about a discussion that
it could be done. X3DOM already supports SRC. SRC is a short step away from
glTF. I expect to have working code for that this year.

Cobweb will likely follow suit.  To use X3DOM in the near term, you may
need to study X3D XML encoding.

Not sure where your information is coming from. This does not agree with
conversations I had with Max & Johannes.

Not all features are supported in X3DOM.  Andreas Plesch and Leonard Daly
know more about the internals of X3DOM, so maybe we could form a team to
help you out.  My phone number is  712-369-1032.  Let me know what phone
number you are calling from.

I don’t have any presentations planned, but could probably whip up a few
things I know.  If you want to go with the X3D JSON encoding, I would
choose  Roy Walmsley, Don Brutzman and myself to go over the details of the
X3D JSON encoding, and use my X3D JSON Loader as a reference for X3DOM (in
the short term).

The presentations I gave at Web3D and SIGGRAPH are at http://realism.com/
presentations/188?title=Extending-X3DOM-to-Mobile. This is an HTML-based
presentation slides. It comes in 2 parts. It covers the work I have been
doing in X3DOM to develop support for mobile devices (phones, tablets,
etc.) and virtual reality. I hope to have all of the code discussed in the
presentation up this week on Github. There will be a separate announcement
to x3d-public, x3dom-users, and x3dom-developers.

Leonard Daly

10