[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] Nodes for V4

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 08:54:38 PDT 2016

Hi,

thanks Leonard, this looks great. I put the test scenes on github pages for
easy viewing here:

http://andreasplesch.github.io/x3dv4/

Concerning the Macro node, what do you think about having a way to define
defaults for the %parameters% in the Macro template for the case when not
all or no parameters are provided with the Macro node ?

A possible syntax would be perhaps to just add the default after an equal
sign to where the parameter is used: %myparam=10% ?

-Andreas

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Leonard Daly <web3d at realism.com> wrote:

> For the last year I have been working on advancing X3D to be standardized
> in HTML5/DOM environment and support mobile and VR. I have just completed
> alpha work on the Macro node. This node provides the static definition
> capabilities of PROTO in an HTML5 environment. It can perform string
> substitution (name/value pairs) on X3D code stored externally. The node
> documentation is at http://tools.realism.com/specification/x3d-v40/
> abstract-specification/changes-additions-x3d-v33/macro.
>
> I will continue to get to at least alpha stage (basic functional
> implemented and working) for all nodes I discussed during my presentations
> at Web3D2016 & SIGGRAPH. The presentation is online at http://realism.com/
> presentations/188?title=Extending-X3DOM-to-Mobile.
>
> All of the code is up on Github at https://github.com/DrX3D/x3dv4 with
> testing code.
>
> I am interested in any bugs that are found or new/revised direction for
> the nodes. I am completely open to anyone who would like to help code.
>
> --
> *Leonard Daly*
> 3D Systems Architect
> Cloud Consultant
> President, Daly Realism - *Creating the Future*

Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.
Waltham, MA 02453