[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] Nodes for V4

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 06:19:05 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Leonard Daly <web3d at realism.com> wrote:

> On 8/26/2016 7:39 PM, Leonard Daly wrote:
>
> For the last year I have been working on advancing X3D to be standardized
> in HTML5/DOM environment and support mobile and VR. I have just completed
> alpha work on the Macro node. This node provides the static definition
> capabilities of PROTO in an HTML5 environment. It can perform string
> substitution (name/value pairs) on X3D code stored externally. The node
> documentation is at http://tools.realism.com/specification/x3d-v40/
> abstract-specification/changes-additions-x3d-v33/macro.
>
> I will continue to get to at least alpha stage (basic functional
> implemented and working) for all nodes I discussed during my presentations
> at Web3D2016 & SIGGRAPH. The presentation is online at http://realism.com/
> presentations/188?title=Extending-X3DOM-to-Mobile.
>
> All of the code is up on Github at https://github.com/DrX3D/x3dv4 with
> testing code.
>
> I am interested in any bugs that are found or new/revised direction for
> the nodes. I am completely open to anyone who would like to help code.
>
> I understand how the external reference to a macro template works since
for each instance of the macro it is possible to reference the same url,
and therefore template. How do you envision, on the other hand, use of the
nodes field as the other option where the template is provided as child
nodes ? Repeating the template for each instance would not make a lot of
sense. Is there something you had in mind ?

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.