[x3d-public] x3d-3.3-JSONSchema documentation available

Yves Piguet yves.piguet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 03:19:04 PST 2016

Thanks, Roy.

I'm not sure to understand why the distinction is important. Which ambiguity would there be with a single prefix, e.g. "@" also used for SFNode and MFNode? I understand that for a translator from json to xml encoding which doesn't understand x3d, it would be a problem; but imo it isn't a sufficient reason.

Since there are already unprefixed names for other parts of the json encoding, I'd rather reserve prefixes to x3d node field names. The type of "@protoField" is likely an Id, not an sfstringValue (see http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-2/V3.3/index.html )...

> 5)      Access to draft standard: Sorry, but the draft standard is currently only available to members. This is a requirement of the Consortium bylaws which arises because of possible IPR issues (it applies to all new drafts). There are procedures for making it public. It is hoped to do that soon.

I understand. It's just that not all subscribers to x3d-public can fully benefit from links sent by Don. No problem.

Best,

Yves