[x3d-public] TimeSensor resumeTime field [Mantis 1106]

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 08:36:29 PST 2016

Thanks Roy,

the next step may be to come up with a simple test scene (as I could not
find any in the x3d examples collection) and check how different x3d
browsers behave.

A directly related question is how x3d/vrml scenes managed pausing of
animations before pause/resumeTime was introduced ? If there is a well
known strategy/method for pausing, this issue may become almost irrelevant.
But it seems pausing would involve stopping, and then restarting with a
startTime at the appropriate time in the past:

timeOffset = fraction_changed_whenStopped * cycleInterval
startTime = now - timeOffset

Setting startTime of an inactive sensor to a time in the past seems to be
allowed.

This looks like it would require scripting, and does make a built in
pausing functionality more attractive.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch