[x3d-public] TimeSensor resumeTime field [Mantis 1106]

Yves Piguet yves.piguet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:14:38 PST 2016

A global pause is more practical for pausing the whole scene, because otherwise you have to route a pause event to all time-related nodes (TimeSensor, other nodes enumerated in 19775 8.2.4.1 http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/time.html#TimeDependentNodesOverview and nodes related to physics models)

Pausing correctly is important especially on mobile devices where the user wants to reduce power consumption without quitting the browser.

I haven't found pause/resume methods in 19775-2  (SAI). I'd suggest to add this functionality there.

Yves