[x3d-public] Again: 3d email

Webmaster webmaster at web3d.org
Tue Dec 20 09:38:39 PST 2016

X3DOM and Cobweb uses JavaScript to provide the 3D capability. At this
stage, everything browser-based (including email clients) that displays
3D content uses JavaScript and many use CSS.

Anything else would need to be built into email clients. Since a lot of
email is read with web browsers, it would need to be built into browsers
too. All of that implies an agreed-upon standard to transmitting and
displaying 3D content. That is a couple of years away -- at best.

Leonard Daly