[x3d-public] Current X3D adoption

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 20:46:28 PST 2016

> X3D has always focused on being a runtime format, not a toolchain
> format.

Sure it is a runtime fomat, that is a top goal, but that is just a
benifit of the idea of putting the 'standad' data in a 'standard'
form. Like naming the index and the points in a strongly typed fields
rather than a raw array. Another example is HAnim where the fields
that are used to define the skeleton and skin and bindings are all in
the same human-readable file rather than someting like a collection of
fbx mtl obj bvh and whatever else or all that into Collada fields.

All Best,
Joe