[x3d-public] Shader parameters

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:45:11 PST 2016

FYI Shaders implicitly take mesh as the explicit normal,  position and
texcoord of the mesh TTBOMK.  Thus if you wanted to render an IFS with
spherical mesh, you would specify an X3DOM sphere with an subdivision
attribute--unfortunately AFAIK, X3D does not have subdivision. And then
twerp the mesh in the shader.  If this doesn't work, I would like to
specify an equation or set of equations to twerp the surface.  I don't want
to have to drop into script to twerp the surface, with all the coordindex,
coordinate and normal info.  This is similar to FX3D and FVRML.  Perhaps I
could have one equation per script?  Can we optionally put the equation
inside the shader to see if the shader does a better job at displaying the
equation?