[x3d-public] Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) for JSON - W3C working draft

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Tue Feb 9 18:56:48 PST 2016

This is really cool. It's a whole other encoding for free!

I notice that there is no support for comments as traditionally defined.
I know that the current X3D JSON encoding moves comments into a field.
Is there any issue with that in this conversion? (I didn't see any, but
I'm asking to make sure I haven't missed something.)

John: Can you try one of your examples in their online converter:
http://exificient.github.io/javascript/demo/processJSON.html

Leonard Daly

>> On 2/3/2016 2:41 AM, Peintner, Daniel (ext) wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Just in case you haven't noticed. The first public working draft of
>>> "EXI for JSON" has been published. [1]
>>>
>>> EXI for JSON allows one to convert JSON documents in an efficient
>>> representation by means of EXI. Lossless round-trip conversion back
>>> to the original JSON structures is supported too.
>>>
>>> For people that would like to play a bit with it there are already
>>> some early implementations available in Java [2, 3], JavaScript [4]
>>> and C [5].
>>>
>>> -- Daniel
>>>
>>> [1] https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-exi-for-json-20160128/
>>> [2] https://github.com/EXIficient/exificient-for-json, Java library