[x3d-public] v4 > PointSensor node?

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:00:20 PST 2016

> Hmm.  Looks very 2 dimensional as far as rotations.
> http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/sensors/x3dconnectorProto.x3d

I implemented LineSensor in freewrl last year for controlling XYZ axis handles, in response to someone's suggestion who was working on x3dom and comparing to some parisi examples showing axis handles and a stage, and thought the PlaneSensor wasn't quite right.

To drag an object in arbitrary directions -2D perpendicular to viewpoint Z if using a 2D input device, with that plane rotating with the viewpoint, or in arbitrary directions if using a 3D pointing device- would a PointSensor node be handy?
- if I try and use trackpoint_changed different browsers show different effects, inconsistent.

-Doug