[x3d-public] Node "TextureMatrixTransform"

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 18 10:48:33 PST 2016

Yves,

Thanks for your comments and queries. I have added answers below each of
your comments.

>In chapter 33 (Texturing3D Component) of X3D Part 1 v.3.3, section 33.5
mentions a node named "TextureMatrixTransform". I guess it should be
"TextureTransformMatrix3D".

Thanks for this comment. We had already noted it and logged it to our issue
database. I can confirm that the name should be TextureTransformMatrix3D.

http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/versionCon
tent.html#TextureTransformMatrix3D

http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components
/texture3D.html#TextureTransformMatrix3D

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#TextureTransformMatrix3D

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSchemaDocumentation3.3/x3d-3.3_Textur
eTransformMatrix3D.html

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dDoctypeDocumentation3.3.html#TextureT
ransformMatrix3D

>A 2D texture matrix transform node (SFMatrix3) would be great to support
transforms which cannot be achieved with node "TextureTransform".

Your suggestion is noted. I will add it to our issue database. Please can
you describe the operations that you wish to do but cannot do with the
current nodes.

>So would be SFMatrix* types in ECAMScript binding.

SFMatrix types are included in the next version of the ECMAScript binding.
This is in the final stages of preparation for publication by ISO.

>Are there errata? A planned revision before v.3.4? Is the archive of this
mailing list searchable?

Development changes and corrections are maintained by a Mantis issue
tracker.  Mantis and X3D specification issues are visible to Web3D
Consortium members.

Additionally, all Schema and DTD changes are in version control.  These
assets are fully public, and the community is always asked for comment on
major issues.

Currently there is no errata document. However, we have already noted some
minor inconsistencies, and one may be prepared.

>Thanks,

Again, thank you for your comments. Please keep them coming. They will all
be considered.

Roy

In chapter 33 (Texturing3D Component) of X3D Part 1 v.3.3, section 33.5
mentions a node named "TextureMatrixTransform". I guess it should be
"TextureTransformMatrix3D".

A 2D texture matrix transform node (SFMatrix3) would be great to support
transforms which cannot be achieved with node "TextureTransform". So would
be SFMatrix* types in ECAMScript binding.

Are there errata? A planned revision before v.3.4? Is the archive of this
mailing list searchable?

Thanks,

Yves

 <mailto:x3d-public at web3d.org> x3d-public at web3d.org