[x3d-public] Non-Hand Coding of X3D

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 25 12:11:49 PST 2016

> Animation is the same thing. Yes you can animate by hand-coding all
> of
the motions and deformations, but that is not how it is done.

OK, you can say that but then in major tools, maybe hand-coding equals
adjusting the animation curve for the element.
The big idea in X3D is that whatever you do with the black box
authoring tool it is supposed to spit out a completely docmenented
text version of what is being done. Once you have the text, then it
becomes easy to tweak certain stuff that is out of the range of your
tool's front panel. Without the source code you have only the
abstractions created in the authoring tools.

more below