[x3d-public] procedure for timely resolution of straightforward X3D specification issues

Michael Aratow maratow at noegenesis.com
Thu Feb 25 20:30:04 PST 2016

Michalis:

Thanks for all of the outstanding comments.

Thanks also for recommending possible solutions!

And thanks for making great applications with X3D!!!

I think the only issue to consider is intellectual property.  As I see
it, we are not trying to keep a */secret/* version of the developing
spec from the public; it is really to protect the spec from getting code
that has */secret/* intellectual property in it!!!

As far as I know, Khronos does have a similar intellectual property
agreement, so we should talk to them about how they feel they can
protect their standards from hidden IP encumbrance.

In regards to the membership fee, I wish we could just have free
membership, but we don't have regular sponsors who can support the
website, travel to conferences for marketing, legal fees, spec writing
for ISO, marketing collateral, etc.

Thanks again,

Mike