[x3d-public] new (H-Anim related) IEEE standards activity, 3D Body Processing Technologies

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Jan 10 18:12:52 PST 2016

During his presentation today to the H-Anim working group meeting in Korea, William discussed this emerging activity at IEEE.  It would be good if our group participated.

IEEE press release:
"New IEEE Standards Association Initiative Aims to Accelerate Immersive Shopping Experiences by Harnessing Cutting Edge Research & Innovation for 3D Body Processing Technologies"
http://standards.ieee.org/news/2016/3d_body_processing.html
CES 2016, LAS VEGAS, USA, 06 JANUARY 2016 – IEEE, the world's largest professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, today announced the launch of a new IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Industry Connections (IC) program aimed at bringing together diverse stakeholders from across technology, retail, research and standards development to build thought leadership around 3D body processing technology standards. Initial participants include Body Labs; Browzwear; Fishman & Tobin (a division of Global Brands Group); Gerber Technology; Intel; Intervisual; Optitex; Size Stream; USC Center for Body Computing; USC Institute for Creative Technologies; Volumental; and Zappos.

“We are specifically integrating complex systems thinking and cutting edge research and innovation into this effort in order to help reduce technology and market silos, as well as to accelerate the creation of shared value in an open and collaborative environment,” said Luciano C. Oviedo, chair, IEEE-SA IC 3D Body Processing Activity; and strategy & product development, Intel.

Business Wire review
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160106005352/en/IEEE-Standards-Association-Initiative-Aims-Accelerate-Immersive

IEEE summary and how to participate:
Industry Connections (IC) 3D Body Processing
http://standards.ieee.org/develop/indconn/3d/bodyprocessing.html

Charter motivation, goals and in-depth details about the industry-connections group:
http://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/iccom/IC15-004-01_3D_Body_Processing.pdf

Wondering who is willing to join those IEEE discussions, spread the word about H-Anim capabilities, and spark further synergies?