[x3d-public] geo / bubbles shader scene

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:12:51 PST 2016

Q. is this what the geo.x3d/ bubbles ProgrammableShader sample is supposed to look like?
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/Bubbles_shaders/geo/geoPshaderInline10.png
-Doug
more..
freewrl wasn't showing the sphere, so I hacked the shaders until I got something, then tinkered to get it close to the original scene.
1. I changed from ComposedShader to ProgramShader (not sure that was necessary)
2. dropped the cube SFInt32 field
3. substituted fw_ names for things like modelviewmatrix ie fw_ModelViewMatrix
4. explicitly multiplied projection * modelview rather than assuming it's already in context ie fw_ProjectionMatrix * fw_ModelViewMatrix
5. avoided mat3 and used the original mat4
6. replaced 'uniform samplerCube cube;' with 'uniform samplerCube fw_Texture_unit0;'
   and textureCube(cube,... with textureCube(fw_Texture_unit0,...
Resulting freewrl-compatible scene:
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/Bubbles_shaders/geo/geoPShaderInline10.x3d

more..
I don't know if there's something in the specs saying what the common matrices and texture units are supposed to be called.
If so freewrlians didn't get the memo. Hence the fw_ names.
Q. where is that -names for modelviewmatrix etc- in any specs?