[x3d-public] X3D JSON Documentation [was: comments preceding and following the X3D Element/Object]

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Mon Jan 11 17:36:25 PST 2016

Is there any non-code (i.e., written in prose) documentation of the
target JSON format. I realize that the destination is a moving and
perhaps unknown target at this time, just wondering what has been
documented and where it's at.

Leonard Daly

On 1/11/2016 6:50 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> Comments and ROUTE statements all appear under "-children" key,
> interspersed with other children nodes in order of appearance.
>
> This occurs even if a node (e.g. Appearance Material etc.) doesn't
> have "-children" nodes of it's own.
>
> All examples, stylesheet, X3D-Edit and the description page updated to
> match.
>
>     http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToJson.html
>
> Update message with some discussion sent
>
>     http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2016-January/004083.html
>

> On 1/11/2016 6:11 AM, John Carlson wrote:
>> Don, how are we handling comments which precede and follow the X3D
>> Element/Object?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>
> Thanks for asking, further questions welcome.

*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant
X3D Co-Chair on Sabbatical
LA ACM SIGGRAPH Chair