[x3d-public] quotes in xml -> xhtml conversion

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:12:49 PST 2016

While cleaning up GeoLOD implementation I noticed the following.

The Geospatial Squaw Valley example at

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/#Geospatial

has double quotes surrounding the content field value of the meta node in
the canonical xml:

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Geospatial/SquawCanonical.xml

but has singles quotes surrounding the same field value in the xhtml:

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Geospatial/Squaw.xhtml

which leads to an unavoidable parsing error because the value string has an
embedded single quote.

The safest way to deal with embedded quotes may be to escape them (&quot)
but I am not sure. Keeping the surrounding quotes as double quotes may also
work but then it is necessary to escape embedded double quotes (which may
more rarely occur).

Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch