[x3d-public] Prototype Expander, Question on MFNode and creating -material object in JSON. Issue for JSON schema.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:36:59 PDT 2016

I have an -material object in JSON which accepts a ProtoInstance. The ProtoBody has -children, the first of which is Material.  There are more nodes including Script nodes.  The question is, how do I create prototype expanded JSON?  Included are the original JSON and the JSON with the current expansion.  I can’t just take the first node, because then the script would be left off.  Ideas?  What most faithfully represents the original?  What about other cases (I have more)?

It would be really nice if JSON schema handled arrays for -material, -geometry and -appearance at least, so we can add the non-rendered nodes without invalidating the file.

How would VRML handle this?

John
Sent from Mail for Windows 10