[x3d-public] Prototype Expander, Question on design of instance expansions

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:51:32 PDT 2016

> Am also optimistic that we might be able to create an XSLT stylesheet
that accomplishes the identical task of converting ProtoInstance nodes into
expanded nodes.

You are welcome to reference my code.  I'd like to point out that a JSON to
XML converter would be more general purpose (could be used by more projects
to implement the JSON standard)--you might want to work on that first.  I
do have a JSON to XML converter, but it's targeted at loading, but there is
a standalone version for verification of XML to JSON conversion.  You could
use JOLT perhaps for declarative JSON transformations.

Thanks to your stylesheet, I did not have to write the prototype expander
using XML API.

If you do create something with XSLT, make sure it can be easily used in a
web page.

> ... so, seems pretty promising.  A few more rocks and shoals to navigate
but appears that we can get there from here.  What do you think?

I will see if the Switch brings up any more issues.