[x3d-public] Sourceforge/X3D Resources Examples; HAnim PNG has weird rendering; grey colored skin

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Jul 3 07:45:41 PDT 2016

Thanks for the trouble report.

This problem only occurs in Xj3D, multiple other browsers OK.  I inspected the model, which seems OK.  Not sure why this is occurring.

Added TODO to scene.  Screenshot attached.

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/HumanoidAnimation/NancyPrototypes.x3d

The problem also happens in the NancyNativeTags.x3d examples.

I suspect it has to do with Xj3D not handing Material DEF/USE properly.  We've seen a similar pathology in the HelloWorld.x3d scene (underlying Sphere and Text diffuseColor should be blue, not default grey).

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.x3d

Perhaps someone else on Xj3D source list can dive deeper to figure this one out?