[x3d-public] Proto expander. Scripts in protobodies without a DEF

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:03:31 PDT 2016

Leonard, I’m trying to figure out if they need to be named or not, for the prototype expander and follow-on JavaScript Script->Class creator.  So far, it looks like I won’t need to name Scripts, because they will have directOutput DEFed/USEd fields which will get converted as part of the prototype expansion.  I am not sure how these DEFed/USEd fields will get converted into Classes howevever, and I may need to add an index to a DEF=“_ScriptExpanded” DEF for the script. If I don’t name the Script, then the corresponding class name will be duplicated in the Javascript, which might wipe out the DEFed/USEd fields.  Likely this is only for X3DOM/JSON in the short term, but we may extend it to other browsers with the XML version.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Leonard Daly