[x3d-public] -textureTransform -children fails to validate

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:34:20 PDT 2016

Roy,

Here’s a related file from X3D resources examples:

examples/Vrml2.0Sourcebook/Chapter31-Prototypes/Figure31.5WoodAppearanceExternalPrototypes.json

The prototype expander can’t figure out what to put inside the -textureTransform for dark oak.  I think it may put an array
in first, take out the array, and then put -children in when it finds the comment.  Source code for Flattener.js (which adds -children), is not yet checked in.  There is no     "MultiTextureTransform" "TextureTransform" "TextureTransform3D" "TextureTransformMatrix3D" or "ProtoInstance" to add to the -textureTransform, from glancing at it, but I could be doing something wrong (it looks fine).

Flattener code looks like:

+                       if (SFNodes[p]) {
+                               if (typeof possibleArray === 'object' && possibleArray["#comment"]) {
+                                       newobject[p] = { "-children" : [
+                                               possibleArray
+                                               ]
+                                       };
+                               } else {
+                                       newobject[p] = possibleArray;
+                       } else {
+                               newobject[p] = possibleArray;

This was originally much simpler, just:

		newobject[p] = possibleArray;

Puzzled.

John