[x3d-public] ***SPAM*** Re: Looking for a new project

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 09:59:59 PDT 2016

Thanks All,
,
> further ideas and discussion welcome as we continue to check off key
> pieces
in X3D integration and adoption!!!

Standards-track OPEN SKINS for HAnim

X3D "Standard" Skins

HAnim Refinement for 'free' and 'standard'
HAnim resizable skin(s)
that associate with the various LOA skeletons.

X3D HAnim binding details start with providing three closely related
items:

(1) a continous-mesh representing a humanoid skin surface that is
drawn:

 * facing +z toward the default viewpoint

 * in tight 'A' pose
    (see HAnim skeleton
default neutral "Relaxed Attention" pose
prior to animation)
 * in typical X3D HAnim humanoid space (C-space),
 * user coordinates in meters,
 * 0 0 0 origin between the feet,
   gaze +z,
   right=-x, front=+z,
   min y=0 at bottom of feet as standing on surface y=0 plane,
   max y at skull-tip site,
   root x and z at/near 0,
    (see supplied skeleton dimensions, and Annex A and B)
 * user code point index with respect to HAnim skeleton hierarchy
diagram

The intent is stable resizable skins. Group sets of vertices that are
bound to individual and multiple Joint nodes and/or to Displacer
nodes, along with basic site and feature point vertices, for easy
identification and interaction, but basically index 0 - top of head,
skull tip.

These geometries will be used as an example 'standard' HAnim Humanoid
skin field.

(2) Each skin includes a mapped texture that identifies by mark the
set of surface Site (Annex A) and surface feature point (Annex B)
locations.

This texture will be applied to the skin using a 'standard' texture
mapping that would allow a easy to adapt texture to represent humanoid
features use this 'standard' texturesimple, realistic-looking 2D or 3D
texture.

(3) All X3D HAnim Joint skinCoordIndex[] and skinCoordWeight[] data
for each particular skin binding to matching skeleton LOA.

This data binds deformation animation of the skin. Specific tests wil
be generated by the user community to produce consensus on skin vertex
points along with joint(s) bindings and weithts.

Together these three items -- skins, mapped textures, and binding
index and weight data -- are used as reference LOA examples to support
HAnim and X3D implementations. Finally, these sets will provide a
reasonable start for anyone wishing to learn Human character animation
fundamental and advanced topics.

Thanks and Best,
Joe