[x3d-public] [x3d] V4.0 Open discussion/workshop on X3D HTML integration > brainstorming

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:00:54 PDT 2016

> Solutions to issues will be found. They may start as ideas contributed by individuals.

> Brainstorming is an excellent activity. But they will  arise more easily with greater understanding.

Yes there's a book "Creative Strategy" with 3 steps:

1. break it down (into problem 'elements')

2. search (in other domains/fields/areas-of-practice/toolsets for solution to an element)

3. combine (some selection of solutions to elements from other domains, into a total solution)

Think of a matrix with problem elements down the side, and domains/sources of solutions across the top:

Problem:

______d1________d2______d3__________d4

e1

e2

e3

e4

then fill in the table by searching.

The creative part comes in the recombining element solutions at the end.

I suspect you guys are doing a pretty good job of breaking it into elements.

-Doug

more..

http://cup.columbia.edu/book/creative-strategy/9780231160520
https://sites.google.com/site/airdrieinnovationinstitute/creative-strategy

I apologize as a non-member for not being more active in v4. Not an html or js guru. I could perhaps search other domains for element solutions.