[x3d-public] [x3d] V4.0 Open discussion/workshop on X3D HTML integration > brainstorming > protos

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:04:20 PDT 2016

> > You can't have scripts in one or more iFrames that interact with
> the main page.
>
> isn't there a way to turn sandbox off so the parent page DOM can
> interact with the iframe?

I was reading last night that same-origin policy of webbrowsers allows some communication between frames if they have the same server origin.

And es6 I was reading has something a little lighter than a frame - can't remember what it was called but it doesn't have its own global, so its lighter for use with smaller classes. es6 has a few more tricks in the webcomponents game.

So implementations may change. There might be room for something between x3dom and cobweb, with protos, not using unrolling, using webcomponents - iframe, es6, ...