[x3d-public] VRML 2.0 Sourcebook X3D Examples Archive, Chapter 31 - Prototypes, Figure 31.9 Spin Group Prototype

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jun 16 14:34:36 PDT 2016

John, as discussed this morning, I think it would be great to debug your prototype expander with a scene like this:

	Spin Group
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Vrml2.0Sourcebook/Chapter31-Prototypes/_pages/page08.html

Even simpler (ProtoDeclare + ProtoInstance) -> (expanded set of nodes) is to choose one particular example prototype within the Universal Media Material definition scenes at

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/UniversalMediaMaterials

Since the (ProtoDeclare + ProtoInstance) and the (expanded set of nodes) should both render the same, that will help debugging.

If you can expand the set of converted nodes into .x3d XML encoding, we can also apply the diagnostics of X3D Validator.

Good luck!