[x3d-public] JSON Schema. Arrays of arrays for MFNodes and container fields. Your input requested

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 02:53:51 PDT 2016

Please comment on whether we should support arrays of arrays for MFNodes (not MFVec3f and friends) in X3D JSON.

This may make programming tools like the Prototype expander easier, and avoid multiple passes.   This happens when I’m doing a node for node replacement as I’m stepping through an array, and the replacing node is an array.  There are already cases where I’m putting in an empty object into the array, so it may be that an extra pass is already warranted to remove those.

A related question might be whether we want to make container fields arrays or not.

John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10