[x3d-public] A server based collaborative 3D visualization

Vincent Marchetti vmarchetti at ameritech.net
Thu Jun 30 04:04:31 PDT 2016

At the June 30 X3D WG teleconference we briefly discussed a web-based 3D application that shows a simulated cnc machining process. It is not based on the X3D standard but is still an good example of using the server to implement a collaborative viewing experience. This is the kind of application that the JSON encoding may enable for X3D models.

The specific example I saw demonstrated during a conference call of the "STEP_manufacturing"* group was:
http://swim.steptools.com:8080/stepnc/boxy