[x3d-public] Errors in Geometry2dComponentPrototypes.wrl at web3d.org

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jun 30 18:15:03 PDT 2016

Thank you Sergey, спасибо for reporting this simple prolem.  The points -> point problem is corrected just as you suggested, and now matches the specification.

	http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/versionContent.html#Polypoint2D
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#Polypoint2D

The metadata node is a little more interesting.  The current design has them in the prototype declaration as SFNode field declarations, but not connected anywhere inside the prototype body since they are not valid VRML97.  I think the original motivation was to not throw them away, since some X3D players which retained backwards compatibility might use them.

If you think these are harmful to include since they inject Metadata nodes into an unsuspecting VRML browser, that seems pretty reasonable.  If so, then I can omit them as you suggest, or possibly turn those statements into comments when translating from .x3d to .wrl file encoding.  Please advise.

Meanwhile the "point" changes are checked in and upload online.  Test reports:

Pass: InstantReality, freewrl (but then crashes after a bit), H3DViewer, X3DOM, Cobweb
Fail: BS Contact, Octaga, view3dscene, Xj3D

Updated scenes and updated X3dToVrml97.xslt stylesheet all checked into version control.  Available via

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development#Geometry2dComponentExamples

The Cobweb result is new, and looks good.  Attached. 8)