[x3d-public] EAI over HTTP for Web

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:16:58 PST 2016

Reverse RESTful? Haven't heard of that before. But there's a way to always be ajax-awaiting. For example if when your client page starts up, it does an ajax^
request to the server, and the server doesn't answer till there's an EAI command, then as soon as the client gets the answer, it sends another request. So its always waiting.
^ http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/ajax_xmlhttprequest_send.asp
Doug
more..
(I may have experimented with something like this for SSR (server-side rendering) but not in the code now. And I didn't do RESTful, if you mean a long url with commands in it.  I used json snippets in POST. SSRserver is part of freewrl source code:
server:
https://sourceforge.net/p/freewrl/git/ci/develop/tree/freex3d/src/SSR/SSRServer.c
client:
https://sourceforge.net/p/freewrl/git/ci/develop/tree/freex3d/src/SSR/public/SSRClient.html