[x3d-public] Volunteer needed, X3D JSON to X3D XML, X3D Canonicalizer, comparison

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 15:48:02 PDT 2016

I am soliciting for a volunteer for X3D JSON to X3D XML conversion work.  This would entail:

* Using the X3D JSON Loader associated code to convert X3D Resources examples JSON to XML (and DOM).
* Running the X3D Canonicalizer to convert to canonicalized X3D XML
* Running a comparison between X3D Resources examples X3D XML and XML output from X3D Canonicalizer
* Reporting any discrepancies to X3D JSON Working Group
* Integrating any improvements into the X3D JSON Loader associated code, contributing to X3D JSON Loader development work in generating X3D XML.

Other activities may include:

* Integrating the X3D JSON Schema into the X3D JSON Loader

You must be a self-motivated self-starter.  JavaScript and Node.js (scripting) knowledge would be useful.  Limited knowledge of X3D desired.  Knowledge of XML entities, escaping, quoting, JSON desired, but may be learned.  Java knowledge might be useful in the future.

I’d do it myself, but I recently came out of retirement.

The purpose of this is to validate that the JSON loader can essentially produces equivalent XML to X3dToJson.xslt input (roundtripping).  A blissful side effect we hope is that the JSON loader will be able to handle the various quoting and escaping that is coming towards us.

Thanks,