[x3d-public] id attribute proposal

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Mar 20 14:33:23 PDT 2016

Obvious questions:

a. can DEF/USE simply be utilized instead?  First law of engineering: "if it isn't broken, don't fix it."

b. if DEF/USE cannot or ought not to be utilized, then how is is backwards compatibility handled?  This includes Inline content loaded into a parent scene.

c. what does X3DOM currently do?

d. what does Cobweb currently do?